|Project by bigbuddha||posted 11-04-2011 05:16 AM||1260 views||1 time favorited||4 comments|
This was my second contribution to the Wood Whisperer 2011 Charity Build! Solicited friends and family to donate to the cause in lieu of a birthday present and two people ended up donating, so I made 2 and the other one already went to my friends’ place. This one goes to my sister, which will actually be for my daughter, who’s birthday is in a few days. Good thing is, it’ll stay at her place ;).
Handles attached with foxtail wedged tenons and eyes are just hand rounded dowels glued into a hole. I also used the Kreg jig to attach the body sides to the saddle so we can take the horse apart for storage. My sister wanted to leave the screw holes exposed to make it look a bit more rustic. Guess I should go replace some of the mismatched panhead screws ;). Finish is dewaxed shellac, milk paint, and WB poly. Quick fun project!