|Project by mafe||posted 11-01-2011 09:23 PM||3293 views||17 times favorited||15 comments|
Auger drill bit stop DIY post
in less than an hour!
Yesterday Brit Andy posted some pictures of deep stops for auger bits, I do have a deep stop as you can read in his blog, but I always like to take the challenge of making tools that everyone else can make after and so I spend an hour today, and here comes the result.
You can see the full DIY on the blog here: http://lumberjocks.com/mafe/blog/26269
Here the drawing after writing with Andy.
1. Mounted and ready to use.
2. Setting the deepness.
3. Drill (the deep stop will turn with it).
4. When there are touch down stop.
5. The parts are a dowel, a piece of wood and a screw and nut.
6. Here my Eclipse stop that started the discussion.
As you could see this is a fast and easy project, I spend more time making the blog than the deep stop….
_Hope it can be to some inspiration, perhaps some stops,
-- MAD F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.