|Project by mafe||posted 10-18-2011 04:37 PM||3478 views||14 times favorited||52 comments|
gifts for some friends….
I spend some time by my lathe, thinking of different friends, and in this way different shapes came to my mind and after to my hands.
In this way this bunch of handles came to life.
Most of them are gifts, a few for myself, some of them for LJ buddies that I felt needed a little thought from me, for one reason or the other, you all know why I think.
For the receivers:
The knifes come with two blades in a little pack, this so that I would not hurt a postman.
You can choose the blade you want, and then fix it to the handle with epoxy glue, the blades are Exacto blades and these can be sharpened many times.
Of course you can use it for whatever purpose you please, carving details, marking, cutting or give it a thicker blade, an old drill bit you make pointed to create a awl or whatever comes to your mind, all will make me happy and all will hopefully bring you a smile and a warm thought from time to time.
Here a few examples of what can happen to them.
1. The bunch all with different shapes and some different woods also.
2. I made a precut with the thinnest saw blade I have so the blade can fit in easy.
3. Each knife comes with two blades so the choice is open, I have precut them to fit.
4. And the back of the blade made pointed so it is easier to press into the wood cut.
5. Here MaFe’s post office, I could pack and send as the addresses came in with the mail.
6. Last lot to the post office (someone might recognize a pack here also).
Hope this little family of knifes will bring smiles where they arrive, it was a pleasure to make them, and to think of the persons that should get them as they were made.
Best thoughts from my heart,
-- MAD F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.