|Project by DaytonB||posted 02-21-2008 11:02 PM||5170 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
We were in a Musical at our local Center for the Arts a couple years ago. We did My Fair lady and needed several Phonographs but the director could not find any so I decided to make them. I figured Id just makes a finger Joint box with a paper cone suck in the top. As I started looking at pictures of old phonographs on the internet I kept adding more to mine. I found several different styles of horns that I figured I could make using roofing flashing. I carved out as many pieces of the workings as I could and used plumbing fittings everywhere else. The cylinders are real and I found the decals on EBay. They aren’t perfect and I especially had trouble with the blooming horn, its a lot trickier than it looks, but they looks pretty good from the audience. I like the dual horn model the best so I kept it, it looks the best up close. You can see it in our theater room picture.