|Project by moshel||posted 09-26-2011 01:38 AM||3045 views||17 times favorited||9 comments|
Its done! (well, sort of)
I have finally finished the lamp, sort of. the sort of is because i need another washer to hold the shade firmly in place, the electrical wiring is not in place yet and the upper part of the shade needs to be re-made. after throwing away what I did 6 times i said to myself “use scrap pieces and don’t worry about the glueup being neat”. naturally – this one worked well. I also still have to practice putting the paper into place – its not very crisp.
made of oak beam i salvaged from my friends firewood pile, splines are Rimu, finished with Poly/BLO/turps.
-- The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep...