Filigree Ornament

  • Advertise with us
Project by jerrells posted 09-21-2011 10:28 PM 1301 views 2 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch

The style is called filigree. It is reminiscent of European knotted lacework. This one is, of course, a butterfly. They can be sun catchers with colored acrylic behind them. Or ornaments for potted plants, or to hang in a window. This one has 32 interior cuts and 16 of those little nibs on the wings that represent the knots. Most of the wall widths are 1/8 inch but the antenna are 1/16 wide. They are cut from 1/8 Baltic Birch plywood and I will finish it later. There are several more in the latest issue of Scrollsaw mag. that I may try later.

Thanks for looking.

-- Just learning the craft my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ practiced.

2 comments so far

View woodworm's profile


14468 posts in 3587 days

#1 posted 09-22-2011 02:45 AM

Very fine work!

-- masrol, kuala lumpur, MY.

View Sheila Landry (scrollgirl)'s profile

Sheila Landry (scrollgirl)

9228 posts in 2916 days

#2 posted 09-22-2011 01:44 PM

Such beautiful control and cutting! This is really outstanding. Everything down to the finest detail is just about perfect! :)


-- Designer/Artist/Teacher. Owner of Sheila Landry Designs ( Scroll saw, wood working and painting patterns and surfaces. "Knowledge is Power"

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics