|Project by tbone74||posted 09-20-2011 08:05 AM||1644 views||3 times favorited||18 comments|
Hello! I am new here on lumberjocks and I finially got the nerve to post my first project. I used the plans from woodsmith magazine, with a few minor changes. The body is made from maple and the legs from walnut. Unfortunately I had to laminate two pieces of maple together to get the right thickness. You can see the seam, but I went ahead anyway because I really liked the grain pattern of the piece I had.
The holes were drilled out with a 2 1/4” forsner bit with a hand drill. Thats the last time I’ll be doing that! It took all day to drill those 5 holes! The finish is natural Danish oil.