|Project by Jim Jakosh||posted 822 days ago||1063 views||5 times favorited||14 comments|
These are a few mushrooms I made from a mesquite branch . I wanted to try a natural edge so I needed a small dia. branch and I wanted to try out my new undercut tool to cut the underside. The last pic is of the refrigerator magnet mushroom.
I did all the finishing off the lathe and found that mesquite drinks clear lacquer like no tomorrow. 5 coats and it was still soaking it up so I tried something else. It was a semi gloss but 3 coats got the gloss to build pretty good.
They are finished with Rustoleum clear enamel ( don’t want them to rust!!).
-- Jim Jakosh.....Practical Wood Products...........Learn something new every day!!