|Project by Jack_Isidore||posted 08-29-2011 07:45 PM||1338 views||5 times favorited||3 comments|
A lot of the issues I had with this project I got help from members here. It took me a while to get some good photos to post but I wanted to post them now so you could see the final result.
My aunt who has a photography studio helped me out by taking the photos.
The wood is walnut. Joinery includes biscuits for the horizontals, and sides, and dowels for the legs. The legs are attached to the table with through mortise and tenons.
The finish is a danish oil (Deftoil natural color) applied using Gary Week’s published method. I finished it off with a coat of Renaissance wax.
The legs have bumpers I made of brass on the lathe, and leather pads glued onto the brass bumpers. This was to try and accomodate relatively un-level floors. I like the look of the brass peeking through on the bottom, but I’m not sure how well it accommodates warped floors.
I named them after Jason Taverner, the main character from a Philip K. Dick novel.