|Project by USCJeff||posted 02-13-2008 07:53 AM||3460 views||6 times favorited||14 comments|
I have been growing tired of spending a lot of my limited shop time looking for things. This project is an attempt to be a little more efficient. The peg board doors are double sided so that it creates four vertical surfaces to attach tools and such. The rear door is slightly shorter so that it will clear the front door when opening. The front door is secured by a barrel bolt.
The rear door is secured by magnetic catches. The interior of the cabinet houses 20 storage bins. I’ve begun labeling many of the bins for fast finds. I still have to decide how to best fill the remaining space as well as mount it to the wall via the french cleats on the rear. I decided to paint it as I used mixed scraps in many places. The paint actually will work well near the Rikon and Grizzly machines near it. I created some custom “storage” fixtures for some of the tools as seen below.
-- Jeff, South Carolina