|Project by Jim Jakosh||posted 08-24-2011 10:17 PM||1230 views||1 time favorited||12 comments|
I finally finished this shoehorn that I bought from Penn State about a year ago. You get the back brass cap and the shoehorn front piece. I had to turn the brass ferrule because I thought the wood might split with a 3/8” stud going into a 5/8” wood sleeve. The wood is Teak from the remains of a broken 2” dia. pole in one of those heavy outdoor umbrellas. I made a new post and kept the broken pieces just in case I had a need for them
I made this one 28” long. The plan had it at about 7” long. It is finished with Shellawax and then spray Poly over the top.
I thought I might need this a few years when it is too hard to bend over. It works pretty good right now!!
-- Jim Jakosh.....Practical Wood Products...........Learn something new every day!! Variety is the Spice of Life!!