|Project by KoryK||posted 08-15-2011 05:16 AM||4625 views||14 times favorited||22 comments|
This was a project I made just because it really looked like fun to make. I don’t know anyone who is into dragons that would like it, but making the pattern and the piece really looked like fun. I found the picture on the internet, from that I made the pattern. I made some changes that I wanted and hopefully I improved it. It ended up having about 189 pieces and took about three weeks to make (pattern and piece). It took longer than expected because I used Purple and Red Heart and if you have used those woods before you understand that you cut through the first inch or so and burn through the rest lol.
This piece was made from red heart, purple heart, yellow heart, mahogany, poplar, aspen, walnut, wenge, cherry, curly maple. It took about 80 hours to make the pattern and the complete piece. It was sanded to 2400 grit and has a satin finish. It has no stains or dyes to achieve the colors, it is all wood color. The purple is really unusual because it grows darker with time. It is 15 inches tall by 21 inches long.
Thanks for looking.
-- If you not making sawdust, your probably wasting your time. Kory