• Advertise with us
Project by RDfurniture posted 08-12-2011 03:31 AM 1385 views 3 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch

I made this set of drawers about six years ago, made from mainly tawa. i was never truly happy with the finished product so this year i decided to change the design. i removed the slats from around the unit, made new mitre box section legs from recycled ply and cut the slats down to acheive a latice affect.

-- RD

5 comments so far

View sras's profile


4790 posts in 3095 days

#1 posted 08-12-2011 05:43 AM

Wow! That really changed the look. I think you made a major imrovement.

-- Steve - Impatience is Expensive

View Tim Kindrick's profile

Tim Kindrick

369 posts in 2520 days

#2 posted 08-12-2011 01:56 PM

Well you obviously have the design aspects of woodworking figured out!!!! Great Job!!!!!!!

-- I have metal in my neck but wood in my blood!!

View Spoontaneous's profile


1334 posts in 3295 days

#3 posted 08-12-2011 02:12 PM

From good… to WOW!

-- I just got done cutting three boards and all four of them were too short. (true story)

View Maveric777's profile


2693 posts in 3042 days

#4 posted 08-12-2011 02:14 PM

Made a huge difference in this piece… I’m digging what you did…

-- Dan ~ Texarkana, Tx.

View NormG's profile


5955 posts in 2969 days

#5 posted 08-13-2011 03:54 AM

I really like the alternate drawers

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics