|Project by Mikesawdust||posted 08-11-2011 09:24 PM||1883 views||1 time favorited||6 comments|
This one I finished a while back but neglected to get pictures. The guy I made it for brought it in to show an example of my humidors for the charity auction we were holding, so I snapped a few pictures. I originally made the case from Black Walnut, but I made a few mistakes and decided to start over, since I was out of Black Walnut I bought local walnut and built a new one. The top is quartersawn white oak, joined with the specks going up and out at 45 degrees. The splines are bloodwood. The lining is Spanish cedar. Looking back I think I should have continued with the splines into the legs.
-- You never cut a piece to short, you are just prepping that piece for a future project