|Project by Roman - THE BOOTMAN||posted 08-08-2011 06:16 PM||1084 views||0 times favorited||4 comments|
I was unhappy with the natural finish on one of my mahogany boots and had been considering some dye work. In my paint cabinet I found a cache of Life Tone airbrush paints used by taxidermists, a supply which I had previously used on my fish carvings. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I started with a blue tint, then green and finished with a red. This paint is quite volatile and I slopped it on with a small paint brush. It is quick drying and the colours are translucent. The pictures show the variance in colour with the different light exposures and background elements.
-- Roman:... These Boots Were Made For 'Talkin'!