|Project by BeachedBones||posted 07-26-2011 08:05 PM||1975 views||0 times favorited||11 comments|
This project started because I couldn’t find a proper cabinet for my bathroom. Just not the right size, height, look and elevated enough to cover up the water main shutoff valve. Overall size is 36 X 36 X 18. The total cost for this project was… 1$ for knobs and a gallon of paint. The rest is all recycled wood and a couple bits of scrap I had laying around. The frame is made from 80 year old fir circus tent poles that were really trashed, but were nice and stable to work with. The top is some more of that recycled cedar barn wood that I’ve used for a couple of my other projects. The panels are some sanded plywood I had kicking around that I put grooves in to match the wainscoting I’ve used in the bathroom and around the house. Even the European style hinges came off an old trashed cabinet. It is finished with a CIL trim paint and tung oil for the top. (top still wet in the photos)
-- You know.... I think that old wood needs to be furniture.