|Project by jumbojack||posted 07-20-2011 12:10 AM||1806 views||2 times favorited||8 comments|
The wife threatened to buy some cabinet doors from IKEA, so while she was visiting her mother I got busy. Pic 2 I got all the rails and stiles cut. Pic 3 cutting the profiles with a stacked bit from MLCS (Shaker Style) It cut the poplar cleanly with no blow out. I did use a home made sled for the cope cut Pic 4. It worked really well. Please note dust collection in #3. Glue up stresses me out a little. I have 8 clamps long enough to do the seventeen doors, so I had four glue sessions. It all went off without a hitch, so maybe the next project the stress will have abated #5. The doors and cabinets were painted Stardust or some such color, it is grey to me. My color palette is very shallow. The wifey picks out all color choices. (the interiors of the cabinets are lime green!). The doors all got a primer of Zinsser, yep I used a roller and brush…never again, the build and glue up took a couple of days the painting went on for over a week. I am going to learn how to use a spray rig.
All in all it was a great time, lots of decisions lots of shop time, lots of sanding. I am going to hang the doors this week.
-- Made in America, with American made tools....Shopsmith