|Project by Huckleberry||posted 02-07-2008 04:05 AM||1883 views||1 time favorited||9 comments|
OK made some changes and some goofs, but moving right along and going good. I pulled out the plugs and screws and did my routing. The original plans called for 3/4” oak and as you can tell I beefed that up quite a bit. There was a big difference in the dimensions for the arm length. But measure once cut thrice. And since I like to tell on myself anywhere you see walnut (except for the plugs) that’s where my mistakes were made. But with the arms I had rough cut them and so I was stuck with a length that was about 1/2” too short. So I added two strips of walnut at a 45° angle and used one of the best clamps that I have ever found. That’s right blue painters tape. So as I started to line up the parts for assembly I discovered one small problem. I made two left side arms and you guessed it no right side. So right now I am just a little upset and this is one mistake that I should have caught, so either I make two futons now or try and fix my mistake.
Really bummed, Huck
-- I cut it twice and the damn thing is still too short!@#$% https://kata.sendlane.com/view/diyers