|Project by Mork||posted 07-08-2011 04:49 AM||2522 views||4 times favorited||10 comments|
I found some very cheap lumber at a local lumber yard. I bought it on a skid and I’m guessing it was 150 bd feet. I only paid $25 for the entire stack so I was willing to take a chance. it had been air dried for about a year but here in KY that equals about 12% moisture. But hey… for outdoor furniture who cares. I thought about painting them to cover up some of the crazy grain but desired to let it show with a bit of spar varnish. I suspect this is mostly maple, some spalted maple and a bit of cherry… Oh and also some with some nice ambrosia beetle damage :o)
I got the plans off the internet but originally they were in Popular Mechanics. I chose these plans becuase they were shorter (in depth) than most Adirondack chairs and our porch has limited depth.