|Project by johnintegrity||posted 07-07-2011 10:05 PM||2587 views||3 times favorited||16 comments|
This is an english barn that we restored, By far the most challenging project I have ever done. The original barn was built circa 1750 on a stone foundation. it was then moved about 1/4 mile to its current location about 1800 due to flooding [ it was built next to a river] They never put a proper foundation under it when they moved it so it simply sank into the ground . We restored it using timber from onsite and from trees nearby. we reused as much of the original wood as possible ie 8×10 has rot, rip down to 3×5 for brace ,remove all rot from around edge. the first 2 pictures are the front before and after the second 2 are a gable end during and after the last 2 are the interior second floor and first floor . this is all traditional mortise and tenon joineery.
-- John, MA http://www.integrity1.smugmug.com