|Project by breaknrn||posted 07-06-2011 06:06 AM||1266 views||0 times favorited||4 comments|
I figured that after my daughter was born, I would not have much time in the shop for a while, so why not go out with a bang. I was too afraid to make a crib because of all the recalls you always hear about. I wasn’t about to risk someone getting hurt because the bars are too far apart, or the bed height adjustment slips and someone falls down. Well, I figured that a dresser would be safe. So here we go. It was months of hemming and hawing over power tools versus hand tools. I figured that if I was going to progress in my woodworking, that I had to embrace hand tools. Well, this was the project for it. If you look carefully, I put bead moulding on all the drawers, added ogee bracket feet, and adjusted the fit on all the miters and drawers with handplanes. Boy it was satisfying making this. Kind of a shame that it is just as an aquarium stand now!