|Project by jksmith69||posted 06-23-2011 07:30 PM||1807 views||1 time favorited||11 comments|
This bed, made mostly of poplar, took me 3 to 4 months from start to finish. I didn’t use any plans, I just thought it up as I went by trial and error. My manager helped me make the hinges from metal plates and skateboard bearings. The tongue and groove joints we done with my cheap 10” table saw. I learned a lot of little things to do, and not to do with this project. It was a very important project for me because it was for my youngest daughter. Since then, it was my nephew’s first bed, so I’m hoping it becomes a family heirloom that gets passed down over the years for those who need it.
-- "Give me wood..... And I will play with it!"