|Project by jat||posted 06-22-2011 01:43 PM||1361 views||3 times favorited||8 comments|
Got the idea for this saltbox from an earlier post by another lj. Used bocote for the box and wenge for the bottom, top and interior slats. The knob is made of burl. After I finished, I realized that I should make a revision to the next one so you can change out the salts more easily. Now, you’d have to turn the box over and empty it but if you only wanted to replace one kind, the others would fall into the mix. I think for the next one, each section of the bottom should slide out or maybe I should just cut holes and insert rubber stoppers like a piggy bank. Any better ideas would certainly be welcome.