|Project by rydonmf||posted 06-11-2011 04:35 PM||2037 views||15 times favorited||9 comments|
The boardwalk by my shop was begging for a piece of outdoor furniture. With all the potting and re-potting and plant buying my wife was doing I figured a potting bench would get a lot of use. After a random Google, I found this on a gardening website (my apologies to the site, but I can’t remember the URL).
It has a removable panel with hardware cloth inside so you can remove soil from your plants like a sifter, I guess. Honestly, I’m not a gardener so I’m just guessing. It seems like a pretty useful feature though. I coated it with Thompson water seal. If anyone has suggestion for further protection I would be grateful.
I forgot to whine about all the extra work I had to do. My local home-store’s inventory was severely depleted when I arrived to select the cedar. I ended up having to sift through all the cast-offs that the contractors had already sorted through multiple times. There was not a board in the bunch even remotely close to straight. So I ended up doing a lot planing and a lot of jointing to fill up my dust collector twice. Fun! Anyway, this project took a longer than it should have. I know, “whaa.”
Thanks for looking.