|Project by swamps42||posted 06-05-2011 11:54 AM||5393 views||2 times favorited||12 comments|
My mom purchased a kit at a garage sale to make a little wooden covered wagon. My mom LOVES covered wagons. Since the kit was sitting around collecting dust for years I offered to build it for her.
Big mistake. This project made me dread my ‘garage time’ and ended up collecting dust in the garage for several months until I managed to suffer through finishing the darn thing.
It was missing pieces, had extra parts, had parts cut to the wrong dimensions, had holes drilled at the wrong angles, and the boards were split and warped beyond repair. It had too many of some nails and no where near enough of the screw eyes. I ended up using nails instead of screw eyes. that made attaching the fabric top a bit harder. All in all, I did the best I could to salvage the kit, but I’m still not happy with it. Hopefully, my mother will be.
-- -Kim, Peyton, CO