|Project by NBeener||posted 05-17-2011 11:22 PM||2530 views||0 times favorited||36 comments|
I know, and have always known, that all of the rest of you, AND this site, have been kind to me, and patient with me.
And I know I’ve been on probation for the entire time that I’ve been a LumberJock.
Because … I’ve NEVER BUILT a cutting board !
I know. Hard to believe, huh ?
Well … today … I submit that I’m eligible to have the probation LIFTED :-)
- Dimensions: ~ 18” x 9” x 7/8” thick
- Materials: walnut, oak, and hard maple
- Breadboard ends: walnut. Tongue and groove
- Joinery: used my big, fat Amana 1-7/8” edge joint router bit
- Glue: Titebond III
- Finish: sanded to 320, then … hit with (double-boiler concocted) beeswax and food-grade mineral oil
I’ve got some cutoffs floating around, and a date to go buy more, on Friday. I think I’m postponing the furniture projects ($$$$) for a while, and will likely build some cutting boards and boxes.
I just figured out what probably 90% of you always knew: these little guys are FUN :-)
Thanks for stopping by !
-- -- Neil