|Project by RDR||posted 1042 days ago||1062 views||1 time favorited||6 comments|
I had a few small scraps around, so I thought I’d experiment with an inlay. This key-chain is what I ended up with. The wood is cherry with purpleheart inlay. I just ran the cherry over my router table with a 1/4” straight bit and then cut some 1/4” strips of purpleheart a bit taller than the grooves. Once it was glued it was just a matter of sanding (and more sanding). I finished it with a few coats of Minwax Polycrylic. I’m pretty happy with the results and really want to try this technique on a larger project.
-- The Dude abides...