|Project by Kerry||posted 01-29-2008 08:37 AM||2796 views||22 times favorited||27 comments|
I just completed this tool cabinet, well nearly, I still need to add catches and a couple of pulls. I had to do some reorganizing to get planes and other items off the bench/counter before one fell.
There’s enough room behind the doors when the doors are open to put some more tools on the walls. I still have a few things to add inside the cabinet, chisels, spokeshaves and I left a little room for expansion. Someday I’ll have a #8 for the right hand side, and I have my Grandfather’s #6 still to clean up. Trying to organize everything was quite a challenge, but kind of fun too.
I used box joints for the corners of the carcase – not sure I’d do that again. They’re strong but don’t look so nice. I hung it on the wall using French cleats, but then chickened out and put a few screws through into studs – I REALLY don’t want to wake up tonight to a loud crash!
Anyway, thanks for having a look,
-- Alberta, Canada