|Project by Bogdanovich||posted 05-02-2011 11:03 PM||5255 views||11 times favorited||6 comments|
First to apologize for my bad English. Much of this text was written with the help of Google translate.
After I set up a project http://lumberjocks.com/projects/47963 Sheila Landry in its response to the topic suggested that this might be done faster and easier with the help of rock tumbler .After very concrete proposals from: MrsN, mightjvombat and others I started to work.
The biggest help was this post: http://lumberjocks.com/Filinvested/blog/18675 which we sent by MrsN to me. I want to thank everyone who helped with their suggestions and ideas, to those mentioned and those who did not.
In my life I have not done anything uglier. On the good side did not cost me a cent. The biggest problem was that the bucket was too large. Small parts of wood were constantly jammed between the bucket wall and sanding disc. I solved the problem by adding a rubber hose and a layer of insulation. I screw hose in place and I glued the insulation.
After that, everything was easy. Pretty much everything you can see from my pictures and drawing. A very important thing, it’s my old router table. Minimum speed is sufficient. As I tried the machine I held the lid by hand. I’ll have to figure out a way to ensure him in place. Currently I can think of bungee rope. He would keep the lid and the body/bucket in place. I am satisfied with the results. In the picture with cubes, cube forward is untreated.
-- My English and my woodworking are matching skills.