|Project by Loren||posted 04-27-2011 01:07 AM||2896 views||0 times favorited||28 comments|
This is one of the finer things I’ve built and it offered several technical
challenges. The doors were a real challenge. The veneering was easy,
but shaping the serpentine rails was tricky. I used a router table for
the door frame, using a straight bit and a template to excavate the
groove for the panel and a round-over bit with template a bearing for
the lip. I got all four right on the first try, which surprised me because
I was sure I would ruin one or two getting the method down.
I cut the tenons by hand, with the help of a bandsaw for the cheeks.
It took a lot of fiddling at the bench to get the tenon shoulder to fit
Walnut, finished with shellac and wax.