|Project by MasterSergeant||posted 04-27-2011 01:05 AM||1763 views||1 time favorited||8 comments|
Thanks to Steve I gave this little project a try. First picture is my first attempt at cutting a block in a block, success. Second one I got brave and thought I could have three blocks, and after many many many many failed attempts I finally got one. I used some cedar 4×4’s I used making corbels for the house left over, they are way too soft for the Fostner bit. That was the big problem, I kept getting large and larger tear-outs. Now that I have the technique figured out I’ll try some harder wood and see what happens.
Thanks for look’n!
-- Kelly, woodworker under construction