|Project by SergioC||posted 04-24-2011 01:09 PM||1439 views||1 time favorited||2 comments|
Got a few nice blocks the other day and decided to turn an egg. I originally wanted to make a spinning top but realized it was going to be tough without a chuck. They said it was ziricote, but I’m not certain. The finish is Shellawax. It didn’t come out perfect, but pretty good for one of my first turnings. So far I’ve only done a couple of pens and practice pieces. I found out how badly I need a chuck for my lathe. I turned a small tenon on both sides and used a drill chuck to hold it during finishing. Happy Easter!