|Project by robert triplett||posted 04-21-2011 07:38 AM||1359 views||2 times favorited||7 comments|
I am a little tired of fitting hinges on boxes, so I tried the pivoting pin on a few boxes. I have seen a lot of nice examples of this on LJ’s. The first is Bocote with a top of Walnut. I added a lift tab of Bocote. Watco Danish Oil. I experienced some new ways to make mistakes! The second box is Spalted Beech. I drilled the pin holes a little off from each other. Not sure how that happened. It is only noticeable when opened. Watco on this also. I have a Redwood Burl box that was going to have a Redwood top, but somehow did the cutout for the lifting tab on the right of the lid, not the front. I will have to decide if this is a ‘design opportunity’, or make a new lid. It was nice to change what I had been doing. I can get focused on making a lot for a show and stop thinking of being more creative. I already have a JOB.
Thanks for looking
-- Robert, so much inspiration here, and now time to work!!!