|Project by RickL||posted 771 days ago||775 views||0 times favorited||5 comments|
A former co-worker asked me to make two table leaves for their dining room table. When I went by to take a look at the table, I saw one of the chairs in the set in his fire wood pile. He said that he had tried to glue it, but typical of these chairs, the joints were screwed and glued, not tapered joints. I cut off the ends of the bow and tapered those and drilled through holes in the bow to accept the taped spindles. I did this for two reasons, one, to compensate for the shorter bow dimension, it needed to be through the seat, and to strengthen the joints of the spindles. All the repaired joints were tapered, glued, and wedged for strength. I think this chair is better than new now. Please see
firstlightwoodworking.blogspot.com for more details and photos.
-- Rick, Union,KY firstlightwoodworking.blogspot.com