|Project by Zuki||posted 04-10-2011 02:06 AM||1679 views||5 times favorited||12 comments|
119 days ago I started this project by sketching something up on a piece of paper. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my wife . . . but that did not happen. The next big event was our 11th anniversary in January . . . nope. I had high hopes for her birthday in March . . . yea right. But finally . . . I have it done.
I took the unit from the shop to the basement to let it get used to the moisture in the house. I want to address any movement before I bring it upstairs. Its one heavy sucker . . . about 105lbs with the drawers installed. Its stands about 48” high x 20” wide x 10” deep. DW waxed the wooden drawer runners with bee’s wax and they slide quite easily . . . no sticking.
We still have to find some wire baskets and hooks to go inside the doors. DW will be painting it a little later.