|Project by pastahill||posted 04-03-2011 09:25 PM||2387 views||1 time favorited||10 comments|
This is a restauration project what i have done one year ago. I found this cabinet in the garage of my father-in-law. I think it stays there for the last 70 jears, because i found paintrings from colourcans with sticked on newspaper, with old german letters( pre 1945 ), in it.Like you can see was the cabinett in a very bad shape. It was overpainted 3 times, a lot of nails were driven in, “to hang things”,on the outside. The legs were completle rotten and the wood worm was in. After etching the whole colour from the cabinet, i have seen that i have to replace the complet cabinet ground of the top part, because the worm was very busy.New legs where made on the lathe and after smothing the surface i coloured it with waterbased stains. I brought up some nice caucasien walnut veneer and waxed everything with with my homemade finish. It consists of beewax, carnauber, parafin and turpentine oil. After polishing by hand it has a nice shine and a fine smell which lasts over years.
-- If anybody find spelling mistakes, can keep them!