|Project by peterrum||posted 03-19-2011 02:54 AM||2464 views||1 time favorited||12 comments|
So last summer it was time to take a good look at the deck at my cabin. I thought I could just replace the top deck boards however once I got into it the whole deck had to be removed and start a new deck from scratch. There is a picture attached of the old deck which did not have a cover over it and the new deck had to have at least a portion of it covered. I spent 6 weeks gathering the logs, peeling them, milling them, and recycling what I could from the old deck. Around 80% of the deck, joists, beams, and deck boards are from fir I milled and that is why it took so long to rebuild, however the end result was worth it. I now have a nice covered area from the elements and we light it up at night with a couple of strings of LED rope light. The nice part about the whole project is that it only cost me about $100 in hardware.
-- Carpe Diem