|Project by Cornductor||posted 03-18-2011 09:26 PM||1255 views||1 time favorited||3 comments|
While at work one night I passed a hazmat car that was loaded with flam-gas, and I thought…. What a pretty cool idea for a hot-wings platter.
The process began, I laminated 2 cherry scraps together and let them glue up overnight. I have plenty of maple laying around the shop so I cut out thin strips to give definition. Once all was dry I glued up the maple strips and began to route out a small bowl indention in the center. With plenty of sanding done I used my router that I bought from an estate sale for 15.00 “used once” to cut out the flames. Switching to my rotozip I was able to be a little more precise in the design. Last week I was thinking of selling it but now I’m reconsidering it.
I added rubber feet from Rockler to the bottom to help stabilize while your mowing down the hot-wings and drinking some brewskies. The final touch was a thin coat of danish oil from tried and true.
-- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. Benjamin Franklin