|Project by darryl||posted 01-17-2008 04:16 AM||4433 views||1 time favorited||19 comments|
I put about 8 hours into this pen so far. So imagine my disapointment when the cap blew out on me!
regardless of how it currently looks, this pen is truly one of my favorites. And I think it’s simply because of the challenge involved. There are 114 pieces that had to be worked into the blank used on the body of the pen. There were another 120 pieces in the blank used for the cap (probably shy of 100 left now!!).
and now there’s a new challenge before me… how to fix the cap and complete the pen.
this will be a keeper.
oh and here are the details.
I used maple, jatoba and walnut for woods.
I used a CA/BLO finish.
The kit is a classic american fountain pen.