|Project by BarbS||posted 03-11-2011 08:19 PM||1168 views||0 times favorited||7 comments|
Earlier I posted the second picture of this pot to show what a joke the lid was when placed on it. Recently I tried to make another lid with a lower silhouette and different shape, but got carried away with the design and forgot to leave adequate support on the headstock side when I had to do some final cuts on the unsupported tail stock side. argh. I tried anyway, but it blew off the lathe and was all for naught. So-o, I went back to the original, poorly designed lid and decided to just Try turning it thinner, anyway. It worked, though it is a Smidgen undersized for the lip of the pot, and is not perfect. Also, it is an additional, picked-up piece of wood, so there is little to no grain match to the pot below. If I learned anything from this exercise, it is to implement better planning! All comments and suggestions welcome.