|Project by Boneski||posted 1260 days ago||2735 views||1 time favorited||10 comments|
About 15 years ago a friends dad gave me these Acoustic Research AR18 speakers – thanks George.
Originally the foam around the bass speakers had rotted away, so I had these replaced and have been using them ever since as front speakers on my main entertainment system.
While they still sounded excellent, the tacky plastic wood finish was looking tatty and there was no grille covers – see picture #2.
So i bought some iron on walnut veneer, stripped them down and refinished them.
I used a high gloss poly floor finish, because I picked up a can of the stuff very cheap. It went on well and dried very very hard.
I also made some speaker grilles out of some plywood.
Thanks for looking!
-- Blinded by brilliance