|Project by Sivers||posted 03-09-2011 11:26 PM||1565 views||3 times favorited||7 comments|
Here is an attmept I made at an Andy Art box. The medallion is bloodwood which was HARD to work. I was going to try to do some more sculpting and shaping but that bloodwood was just too hard.
This was a fun project to do, I started off with 3 boxes and one of them ended up in the workshop scrap bin. The other 2 worked out well but I only managed to get pictures of one. It was my first time using shellac. I did like the finish but wasn’t used to working with a finish that cured so became tacky so quickly.
Thanks Andy for taking the time to put such a great tutorial together. I don’t think I would have attempted this if it hadn’t been for you.