|Project by Ryan Bruzan||posted 03-06-2011 04:07 PM||2373 views||6 times favorited||12 comments|
This was a replacement project and much needed. What’s an office without file drawers? This his & hers home office in Prospect, KY features matching desks with bookcases overhead. Each desk has two deep drawers, a pencil drawer above the knee and a single door with shelves inside. Also features a bench with four file drawers underneath.
Designed and created by Ryan Bruzan. Installed by Ryan Bruzan and James Morehead.
Good Quality Tools used:
1. Portable table saw (minimum) for ripping and cutting sheet materials WITH SHARP BLADE.
2. Miter saw for cutting all framing and trim components to size WITH SHARP BLADE.
3. Circular Saw WITH SHARP BLADE.
4. Router in table WITH SHARP BITS for dadoes and rabbets
5. Air compressor and air nailers
6. Hammer and nail set
9. Drills, drivers and bits
10. Sanders, sponges and sandpaper
11. Coping saw
12. Several other various tools
1. 3/4” Birch cabinet grade plywood
2. 3/4” finger-joint poplar
3. Stock moldings
4. Ball-bearing drawer slides
5. Concealed door hinges
Thinking of doing a similar or large scale project?
If you’d like to know, total man hours into this project from design to completion 136 hours spread over a three week period. This included site preparation (moving lights and plugs, wall repairs, etc.). Could it have been done in a tighter time frame? Absolutely, but that depends on the balance of time and scheduling for every other project and life event.
Need some design ideas? Check out my newest creation and Plans Page.
Thanks for looking!
-- No matter how many factors go into thinking about a project, there is always one important new discovery to be made.