|Project by McLeanVA||posted 1011 days ago||1789 views||11 times favorited||16 comments|
LCDT? Wait, doesn’t he mean LVDT? Nope.
These are Legless “Cheese” Death Tables, not to be confused with their much larger and end-grainier Legless “Vegetable” Death Table cousins.
I created a batch of 11 of these for a few reasons:
1. I wanted to experiment ripping thin strips on my new bandsaw.
2. I had a great amount of leftover sticks from previous end grain LVDTs that were too small to use.
3. I had some great curly maple I bought from LJ poroskywood and needed a project to reveal it
4. I needed a break from staring at too many end grains.
5. I needed to coin a new LJ acronym.
These are nothing special in terms of design. Just pairing different species together with various widths to see what I could come up with. Some of you have raised the bar in the LVDT/cutting board area the past few months with ridiculous patterns (LJs: GaryK, patron, SPalm, degoose, etc.) I am in constant awe of your talents. You guys are the magnetic vortex that pulls me into LJs every day. I thank you for that.
Species used in the pairings: Sapele, Cherry, Maple, Curly Maple, Walnut, Bloodwood, Padouk.
Last photo shows the stack pre-finish and before routing the recessed handles.
Thanks for looking. I hope these inspire.
-- Measure, cut, curse, repeat.