|Project by mafe||posted 02-28-2011 03:52 PM||4754 views||13 times favorited||22 comments|
Old screwdrivers re-handled
nice trick against plastic allergy…
As some fellow LJ’s I suffer from the wood fever, this means that when I use a plastic handled tool I don’t get the same pleasure as when I use a wooden handle.
I don’t get red spots, I don’t get fever, I don’t even go to the doctor, I simply smile less…
So it was time to fight the plastic and give into the wood.
The wood is all from an old foot of a garden parasol, so recycled, this makes my smile even bigger.
I also made a countersink, and a took a accu bit holder and made into little wood handle tools.
You can also see my DIY awls here: http://lumberjocks.com/projects/44736
1. Result of the effort, design and shape after the heart and use.
2. Goodbye plastic.
3. This was where my mushroom passion started, after this next step is to drill a hole in size of the screwdriver.
4. The tang with the side pieces, these I cut smaller and sharpen so they cut into the new wood shaft.
5. Then epoxy in the hole and the shaft are hammered on.
6. A new little family in the workshop, room for individuality.
Hope it can be to some inspiration, even some plastic allergy fighting out there.
-- MAD F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.