|Project by ianlee74||posted 02-28-2011 06:52 AM||6106 views||8 times favorited||9 comments|
Santa brought us a new 55” TV this year and so a woodworking opportunity was born. This is my version of the Woodsmith #169 plan using some spalted hickory, walnut, and some birch plywood. Unfortunately, it’s been a very cold winter and my desire to be in my garage has been minimal since Christmas break but I finally got around to finishing it this weekend. Just in time to move out of our house… I’ll get some better pics once it’s moved into the new house and is setup properly. It was finished with boiled linseed oil then 4 coats of glossy wipe on poly for most of it and three more for the top. I would like to put a few more on the top but I simply ran out of time and have to start packing up the shop. I’m a bit of a fan of “imperfect” wood. If I had it to do over I would not have used the birch plywood. I don’t feel that the color was a good match. But I had it and didn’t want to go shopping… Thanks for looking.
-- Ian, Tennessee