|Project by Rob McCune||posted 2286 days ago||3326 views||11 times favorited||8 comments|
I am almost finished with a router table I have been working on since last weekend. It is made primarily of 1/2” and 3/4” mdf sheet.
I laminated two pieces of 3/4” mdf for the top. I then jointed all the edges to clean them up. I routed out the hole for the woodpecker lift plate and then routed three slots, two for the fence t-track and one for the miter track.
The cabinet is mostly 1/2” mdf with a few pieces of 3/4” cabinet grade plywood for strength. I added two full width drawers to the bottom for storing stuff like the router base plate and all the extra jig-it hardware I bought. I also added two small bit drawers on either side of the router motor bay. I intend to add a couple more later, but I have things to do right now. I added a 4” dust port in the back of the cabinet out of 4” rain gutter pvc (not as thick as schedule 40 or 80) and a cut-in-half rubber coupler.
I then installed a Woodpecker 421A router lift plate with a Porter Cable 7518 moter mounted in it. I also got three Rockler featherboards and a couple rousseau ones as well as various clamps to go with it. I still have a few things I would like to do to it, but it is ready to use right now so I have stuff to do with it. Let me know what you guys think.
-- Rob McCune