|Project by mtkate||posted 02-27-2011 10:30 PM||1456 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
While I work on a bunch of bigger projects, I started to get the “never finish any project” syndrome. My niece is having a birthday soon, so I decided to make her a piggybank. All this took was 6 cuts on 1” pine on the bandsaw – I freehanded the templates. Glued up, did a bunch of sanding. Cut a hole under the pig with my drill press and tested throwing toonies and $5 bill into the pig – making sure little hands can get it out with some effort. I will seal it up with 1/4” plywood and a couple of screws.
For the finish I thought of milk paint – but I happened upon a small tube of gouache at an art store and gave that a shot. A couple of coats of polyurethane and it’s ready for business.
I remember seeing this project in an issue of “Woodworking for Women” which was a short lived mag, unfortunately.