|Project by ScrapArt||posted 02-20-2011 12:04 AM||1012 views||0 times favorited||1 comment|
Almost all of my wood working in the past has been re-finishing. I should have took a Before picture but these were an ugly wenge color (vary late 70’s). I pulled these off with the intention of replacing them But when I saw the wood underneath I had to take shot at them. At first I could not tell what type of wood they were until I cut in to them. then came the familiar aroma of Fir.
Over thirty years these have darkened beautifully.I routed off the OG and started sanding with a 60 grit stepping up to a 300. after each sanding I spayed with water to raise up the grain, put on 4 coats of Spray poly and they Matched our Cherry Table dead on. No Stain needed. I swear the grain in these almost sparkle. You have to excuse the quality of the pictures I am unable to down load pic with my Cannon since I got a new Computer. Though this is a Simple project and it may seem that I only “Cut Boards” at this point. these boardswere a Major inspiration to take this Mediam seriously.
I added the Copper nails to cover the old Nail holes.
-- Please print this communication...Save Lumber jacks job