|Project by reedwood||posted 02-12-2011 05:57 PM||1821 views||2 times favorited||9 comments|
The Pattersen Project
This cabinet was part of a whole house gut and remodel.
The existing heating unit under the new cabinet was a major ordeal.
We replaced the old cast iron unit with a lower profile finned copper unit and boxed it in with a sheet metal
to direct the heat thru the front grill instead of cooking the cabinet. Worked great.
The existing 1×6, 1×8 v groove and 1” x 9” solid Butternut shelves were carefully removed and have already been recycled into other projects….. Nice score.
The wall around the fireplace and behind the cabinet had to be completely re-framed. The old soffit had electrical, dryer venting and plumbing running thru it…. And, it had a 3 ft. bees nest in the ceiling.
We added a gas line for gas logs, cleaned, tuck pointed, and painted the brick fireplace.
We removed the brick hearth and added black Absolute granite with natural stone surround (the kind with the little fossils and sea shells in it) I forget the name.
You would never know by the before picture but the dining room floor had a 1 1/2” drop in the middle like a bowl.
It had to be fixed so we carefully removed the existing oak floor at the 6’ door opening along with the old sub floor and framing. We re-framed it level, installed new T&G plywood, then re installed and finished the old oak flooring.
We replaced all the closet shelving, doors and trim
The kitchen was completely gutted and replaced.
New cabinetry and granite counter tops, plumbing fixtures, electrical and lighting, appliances
and a garden window with a solid oak sill.
Behind the scenes
Great clients, great crew, big project and another job well done.
-- Mark - I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.